About Darug People
Here is a list of some excellent general resources about the Darug people including books and links:
- Australian Children’s Television Foundation and Education Services Australia (2013). My Place for teachers. [WHO WERE WILLIAM DAWES AND PATYEGARANG?]
- Beecroft Cheltenham Historical Group (2011). The Aboriginal heritage of Beecroft and Cheltenham.
- DET Curriculum support (2009). Campfire. [STORIES FROM AUNTY EDNA WATSON]
- Harrison, N. and Murray, B. (2012). Reflective teaching practice in a Darug classroom: How teachers can build relationships with an Aboriginal community outside the school. The Australian Journal of Indigenous Education, 41(2), 139-145.
- Kohen, J. L. (2010). Aboriginal families and clans of the Sydney region. Sydney: Darug Tribal Aboriginal Corporation.
- Kohen, J.L. (2009). The Aborigines of Western Sydney. Darug Tribal Aboriginal Corporation, Blacktown.
- Kohen, J.L. (2009). Daruganora: Darug country – the place and the people. Revised Edition. Two volumes. Darug Tribal Aboriginal Corporation, Blacktown.
- Smith, K.V. (2005). Wallumedegal: An Aboriginal history of Ryde.
- Smith, K. V. Bennelong and his people.
- University of Sydney (2010). A history of Aboriginal Sydney.
- Grenville, K. (2010). The Lieutenant. Sydney: Text Publishing. Also see her website: http://kategrenville.com/The_Lieutenant